Foreign citizens require a valid visa to enter to Bangladesh. The types and categories of visa may vary according to the purpose of visit, length of stay, bilateral arrangement and reciprocity. Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto issues visa for the Canadian citizens living in Canada and Foreign citizens permanent resident in Canada.
Currently, the Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto does not provide Machine Readable Visa (MRV). The Department of Immigration and Passport, Dhaka is working on the installation of the Machine-Readable Visa (MRV) for the Consulate General in Toronto. Now, the Consulate General only will issue manual Visa for the Foreign citizens, we expect to issue MRV soon.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to request for any additional document at any stage of visa process.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to withhold any application for further scrutiny.
- If requires, the applicant may be requested for an interview with the Consulate General of Bangladesh.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh is not responsible for any application not completed before the planned travel date. It is always recommended to finalise the travel arrangement after receiving the appropriate visa.
Requirements for visa:
- Valid passport with minimum validity of at least 6 months.
- One (1) passport size colour photograph (45mm x 35mm) with white background; not older than 6 months.
- Documents mentioned below for specific types of visa:
- Travel itinerary
- Copy of the air ticket; and
- Copy of the hotel reservation or a letter of invitation from the host in Bangladesh.
- Letter of Invitation (LOI) from the host company in Bangladesh clearly stating the purpose of the visit; and
- Letter of the current employer in Canada
- Letter of Employment from the employer in Bangladesh.
- Letter of concurrence from the concerned Ministry in Bangladesh; and
- Concurrence from the Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA).
Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Visa:
- Letter of appointment from the respective NGO; and
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the NGO Affairs Bureau, Bangladesh.
- Letter from the respective educational institution attested by the Ministry of Education, Bangladesh; and
- Certificate of financial guarantee.
- Letter of recommendation from the Ministry of Industries, Bangladesh or Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) or Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA), Dhaka
- Letter of appointment from the Church; and
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Ministry of Religious Affairs, Bangladesh.
Diplomatic & Official visa:
- Note: Verbal from the Global Affairs Canada or the Foreign Diplomatic or Consular Missions
- Letter of request from the Employer/News Agency clearly stating the purpose of the visit; and
- Persons/Network/Organization requesting for shooting/filming in Bangladesh are requested to fill in FF-1 and FF-2 Forms in addition to the visa application. Please upload the FF-1 and FF-2 form with other documents. (Minimum processing time for this category of visa is 3 weeks.).
Visa on Arrival (VOA):
- Bangladesh Government issues Visa on Arrival (VOA) to the Foreign citizens, Foreign passport holders with Bangladesh origin and the Citizens of those countries where there is no Diplomatic Mission of Bangladesh. Visa on Arrival is issued after examining the genuineness of the visit i.e. official duty, business/trade, investment and tourism. Visa fees should be paid in foreign currencies i.e. US$, GBP and EURO.
(Issuance of visa on arrival entirely depends on the satisfaction of the immigration officer at the port of entry .after examining all relevant documents.)
VOA Requirements and Duration:
Visitors must possess the followings for VOA.
- Carry a minimum of US$ 500 or equivalent of foreign currency in cash or credit card
- Return ticket; and
- Documents to justify the visit.
VOA can be given only for a period of maximum 30 days. If required, the VOA can be extended by the Department of Immigration and Passports in accordance with the existing visa policy.
Download and print the Visa Application Form complete each part of the application and sign. Applicant’s signature in the Visa Application Form should match with the Passport.
General Instructions for filling in the Visa Application Form:
- Attach a colour photograph (45mm x 35mm) with white background, not older than 6 months.
- Personal details, Travel Document details, Payment details (as applicable) must be filled in.
- Apply according to your necessity and fill up the required option of New Visa/ Extension of visa/Transit permit/ On Arrival Visa (VOA)/ No Visa Required (NVR).
- Apply with essential documents, incomplete application will not be considered Visa approval.
- Use Tick mark (√) in the check Box.
- Deposit the Visa Fee to the bank and attach the bank draft/money order/certified cheque on the top of the application form.
- Paid of Visa fee is non-refundable.
- In some cases, Visa is subject to the Police Verification/Security Clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Bangladesh/Work Permit from BIDA/BEPZA/NGO Affairs Bureau/Recommendation from relevant Ministry or Departments in Bangladesh.
- The authority’s decision regarding Visa is final
Pay C$ 100 (one hundred) for Single Entry and C$200 (two hundred) for Multiple Entry visa by a bank draft/money order/certified cheque addressed to the “Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto”, please see Consular Fees.
Please send i) signed Visa Application Form ii) a colour photograph (45mm x 35mm)
iii) all required documents as applicable for specific types of Visa category mentioned above iv) Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified Cheque and v) valid Passport (with minimum 6 months validity) and iv) a self-addressed return envelope by post to
Consulate General of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
1505-2235 Sheppard Ave. East (Atria II)
Toronto, ON M2J 5B5, Canada
The Consulate General encourages postal service for Visa Application)
If applicant wants to submit the Visa Application in-person, needs to book an appointment with the Consulate General through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org During the in-person submission payment can be made through debit/credit card at the
Consulate General, please see Consular Fees. The Consulate General of Bangladesh does not accept any cash.
If requires, the Consulate General may request for an interview to speak with the applicant in-person.
As soon as Visa is approved, passport will be posted back to the return address. If applicant wants to pick-up the passport in-person, the Consulate General will intimate the pick-up schedule via e-mail or phone.