1. Can I pay the Consular service fee in cash?
Answer: Bangladesh Consulate General does not accept any cash payment. Only accepted payment methods are: Online payment/Debit card/Credit card/Bank draft/Postal order. Please visit https://bdcgtoronto.ca/index.php/general-information/#consularfees for consular fees.
2. To get a ‘No Visa Required (NVR)’ stamp for family members, do I have to bring all my family members?
Answer: No, only one of the family members may come for submission or collection. But the Consulate General needs to be confirmed that the person carrying the passports is a family member of other applicants.
3. Can we renew Bangladeshi Passport from Toronto?
Answer: Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto is working on the installation of Machine Readable Passport (MRP) service, and we hope to commence this service shortly.
4. Do you have photocopy facility at the Consulate General?
Answer: Applicants should upload all necessary documents @ BDCG Online Application portal, therefore, no photocopy is required for any service.
5. What is the measurement of the required photo?
Answer: The accepted photo size is 35 x 45mm with white background and not older than 6 months.
6. Can I learn Bangla in Consulate?
Answer: No, unfortunately we do not have any facility as such.
7. Can we do the National ID card from your mission?
Answer: Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto does not issue ‘National ID card’ related service yet. For any information on NID, please visit http://www.nidw.gov.bd for more information.
8. Why we can’t do POA with expired passport?
Answer: According to ‘The Power of Attorney Act-2015’, a valid Bangladesh Passport/NID/17-digit Birth Registration Certificate is required for giving Power of Attorney.
9. Is it compulsory to attest authorization letter while doing passport attestation for Police Verification Certificate?
Answer: It is not compulsory. But since the first 5 pages bear the same application fee for attestation, if the applicant wants may get the authorization letter attested along with passport attestation.
10. Why do we need a copy property ownership document for doing POA?
Answer: Consulate General needs to ascertain that actual owner(s) or successor(s) is signing the POA before attestation. Applicant(s) can proof ownership by providing copy(ies) of Ownership deed, copy of Naam jari, Land revenue payment receipt which match the Daag number, RS Khatian, and CS Khatian etc. of the land. Please visit Power of Attorney page for details.
11. Why the witness should be from Canada for POA?
Answer: The main purpose of witness on a document is to witness the signatories, since the document is signed in Canada, witness(s) must be from Canada.
12. Is Notarization compulsory for POA document?
Answer: Notarization is not compulsory. It is only required if the POA executant(s) can’t be present at the Consulate General to sign the document.
13. Does the Consulate General attest Canadian document?
Answer: The Consulate General does not directly attest or certify Canadian documents unless it is attested by Global Affairs Canada.
14. If my child has MRP passport, can I send the passport for Re-issue to the Consulate by mail?
Answer: If the old/existing MRP was taken before the age of 15, applicant should come to the Consulate for biometrics and photograph.
15. Can the Consulate General help to find a lawyer at Bangladesh?
Answer: Unfortunately, Consulate General is not authorized to do so.
16. Do the High Commission/Consulate General send our POA document to Bangladesh?
Answer: No, the applicant should arrange to submit the attested POA to the Ministry(s) or appropriate authority(s) in Bangladesh.
17. How a foreign-born child/spouse get ‘No Visa Required’ stamp if the father/mother/spouse is a Bangladeshi origin Canadian citizen without Bangladeshi passport or National ID card?
Answer: Please refer to ‘Foreign-born Children’ & ‘Foreign Spouse’ section at https://bdcgtoronto.ca/index.php/no-visa-required.
18. What if the applicant does not have enough time to receive New/Re-issued Bangladeshi passport for POA signing?
Answer: Applicant should have valid Bangladesh passport/NID/17-digit Birth Registration Certificate for giving POA.
19. Can I get Dual Citizenship Certificate from the Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto?
Answer: Please check ‘Dual Nationality Certificate’ at our webpage.