Driver’s License Authentication Certificate
Bangladesh citizens living in Canada may verify their Bangladesh Driver’s License from the Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto. After proper examination of the Driver’s License, the Consulate General will issue a ‘Driver’s License Authentication Certificate’ in favour of the applicant.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to request for any additional document at any stage of the Authentication process.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to withhold any application for further examination.
- If requires, the applicant may be requested for an interview with the Consulate General of Bangladesh.
Requirements for Driver’s License Attestation:
i) Copy of the Bangladesh Passport or National ID
ii) 1 passport size colour photograph (45mmX35mm) with white background; not older than 6 months.
iii) Original Driver’s License issued by BRTA, Bangladesh
iv) Payment by Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified Cheque
v) Copy of a Canadian photo ID i.e. PR card or Driver’s License (G1)
Download and print the Driver’s License Application Form, complete each part of the application and sign.
General Instructions for filling up the Driver’s License Application Form
1. Attach a colour photograph (45mm x 35mm) with white background; not older than 6 months.
2. Personal details and Payment details must be filled in.
3. Apply with required documents, otherwise, application will not be considered for the Certificate.
4. Use Tick mark (√) in the check Box.
5. Deposit Driver’s License Attestation fee to the bank and attach the Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified Cheque and attach with the application form.
6. Paid of Driver’s License Attestation fee is non-refundable.
7. The authority’s decision regarding Driver’s License Attestation is final.
Pay C$ 40 (forty) for Regular delivery within 10 business days or C$60 (sixty) for Express delivery within 3 business days by a Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified Cheque addressed to the “Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto”, please see Consular Fees.
Please send i) signed Driver’s License Application Form ii) colour photograph iii) original Bangladesh Driver’s License iv) all required documents as applicable v) Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified Cheque and iv) a self-addressed return envelope by post to:
Consulate General of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
1505-2235 Sheppard Ave. East (Atria II)
Toronto, ON M2J 5B5, Canada
(The Consulate General encourages postal service for Driver’s License Attestation)
If applicant wants to submit the Driver’s License Application in-person, needs to book an appointment with the Consulate General through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org During the in-person submission payment can be made through ebit/credit card at the Consulate General, please see Consular Fees. The Consulate General of Bangladesh does not accept any cash.
If required, the Consulate General may request for an interview to speak with the applicant in-person, in that case the applicant will be notified through e-mail for interview.
As soon as Driver’s License is authenticated, a Certificate of Authentication (including the original Bangladesh Driver’s License) will be posted back to the return address. If applicant wants to pick-up the Certificate in-person, the Consulate General will intimate the pick-up schedule via e-mail or phone.