Certificate for Transportation of Mortal Remains
Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto issues Certificate for transportation of Mortal Remains of Bangladesh citizens to Bangladesh. The certificate is issued to the next of kin of the deceased to facilitate carrying and receiving of the Mortal Remains for burial in Bangladesh.
Requirements for issuing the Certificate for Transportation of Mortal Remains:
- Notarized copy of Death Certificate issued by Hospital or any other authority.
- Copy of Bangladesh passport of the deceased
- 1 passport size photograph (45X35mm) of the deceased
- Certificate of Embalm
- Transit permit (if required)
- Letter of non-communicable disease (if required)
- Copy of any proof of Canadian photo ID i.e. passport/PR card/Driver’s license of the next of kin/relative/custodian of the deceased.
- National ID of the person in Bangladesh, who would receive the mortal remains.
- Payment by money order/bank draft/certified cheque or by credit/debit card at the Consulate General.
Download and print the Application Form; complete each part of the application and sign.
General Instructions for filling up the Application Form:
- Attach a colour photograph (45mm x 35mm) of the deceased
- Personal details of the deceased and payment details must be filled in.
- Use Tick mark (√) in the check Box.
- Attach the Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified Cheque with the application form; please note that you can also make payment via debit/credit card at the Consulate.
- Fee once paid is non-refundable.
Pay an amount of C$ 10 (ten) by debit/credit card at the Consulate or Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified Cheque addressed to the “Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto” please see Consular Fees. The Consulate General of Bangladesh does not accept any cash.
Send i) The Application Form ii) Death Certificate from the hospital iii) Copy of Bangladesh passport of the deceased iv) 1 passport size photograph of the deceased v) Certificate of Embalm vi) Transit Permit (if needed) vii) Certificate of non-communicable disease (if needed) viii) Copy of any Canadian photo ID i.e. PR card or Driver’s License of the next to kin/relative/custodian of the deceased ix) Copy of Bangladesh Passport or National ID of the next to kin of the deceased in Bangladesh to receive the dead body and x) Payment by Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified Cheque by post to:
Consulate General of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
1505-2235 Sheppard Ave. East (Atria II)
Toronto, ON M2J 5B5, Canada
If the applicant wants to submit the Application in person, needs to book an appointment with the Consulate General. Please click https://service.bdcgtoronto.ca to book your appointment.
The Applicant should bring all required documents as mentioned above during his/her presence at the Consulate General.
If all papers are satisfactory the Certificate for Transportation of Mortal Remains will be issued on the same day.