Bangladesh expatriates living in Canada may attest their educational certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate, birth certificate, copy of the passport (for Police Clearance Certificate) and other necessary documents in the Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to request for any additional document at any stage of the Attestation process.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to withhold any application for further scrutiny.
- If requires, the applicant may be requested for an interview with the Consulate General of Bangladesh.
Requirements for Attestation:
- Original Document (copy of which to be attested).
- Photocopy of the valid Bangladesh Passport or National ID.
- Photocopy of the Canadian photo ID: Passport/PR card/Driver’s License.
- One (1) passport size colour photograph (45mm x 35mm) with white background; not older than 6 months.
- Payment by Money Order/Bank Draft/Certified Cheque or in case of walk-in submissions, applicants can pay by credit/debit card at the Consulate General.
- In case of attestation of Canadian documents i.e. company incorporation certificate, educational certificate or any other documents will require prior attestation from the Global Affairs Canada.
- Bangladesh-origin document needs prior attestation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- In case of name change, photocopy of an affidavit attested by the appropriate authority in Bangladesh and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka.
Download and print the Attestation Application Form, complete each part of the application and sign. Applicant’s signature in the Attestation Application Form must match with the passport.
General Instructions for filling up the Attestation Application Form.
1. Attach a colour photograph (45mm x 35mm) with white background; not older than 6 months.
2. Personal details and payment details (as applicable) must be filled up.
3. Apply with required documents, otherwise, the application will not be considered for Attestation.
4. Use Tick mark (√) in the check Box.
5. Deposit the Attestation fee to the bank and attach the Money Order/Bank Draft/Certified Cheque on the top of the application form.
6. Paid Attestation fee is non-refundable.
7. Authority’s decision regarding Attestation is final.
Pay C$ 40.00 (Regular Delivery) or C$60 (Express Delivery) up to 1-5 pages, C$70 (Regular Delivery) or C$100 (Express Delivery) up to 6-8 pages and additional C$5 for each page above 8 pages by a Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified Cheque addressed to the “Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto”, please see Consular Fees. The Consulate General of Bangladesh does not accept any cash.
Please send i) signed Attestation Application Form ii) a colour photograph (45mm x 35mm) iii) all required documents as applicable iv) Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified Cheque and v) a self-addressed return envelope by post to:
Consulate General of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
1505-2235 Sheppard Ave. East (Atria II)
Toronto, ON M2J 5B5, Canada
(The Consulate General encourages postal service for Attestation)
If the applicant wants to submit the Attestation application in-person needs to book an appointment. Please click https://service.bdcgtoronto.ca to book your appointment with the Consulate General. During the in-person submission payment can be made through debit/credit card at the Consulate General, please see Consular Fees. The Consulate General of Bangladesh does not accept any cash.
If required, the Consulate General may request for an interview to speak with the applicant in-person, in that case the applicant will be notified through e-mail for interview.
As soon as Attestation is done, document will be posted back to the return address. If applicant wants to pick-up the document in-person, the Consulate General will intimate the pick-up schedule via e-mail or phone.