Bangladeshi and Canadian citizen may attest Bangladeshi or Canadian document from the Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto, Canada.
⚠️ COVID-19 Safety Guidelines:
The Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto continues ‘in-person’ consular services as an ‘essential service’ amid COVID-19 pandemic. However, as per the precautionary guidelines/measures promulgated by the provincial government, unless it is absolutely necessary, we recommend the applicants not to visit the Consulate General ‘in-person’ for services.
Applicants can always apply online for all consular services ‘online’ followed by both way postal deliveries (except few specified services, which need personal appearance).
If anyone thinks it is an absolute necessity to visit the Consulate General, please adhere to the following guidelines:
i) Visitors may please confirm their prior online appointments for in-person consular service.
ii) Visitors patiently maintain queue to come up to the Consulate General at the 15th floor.
iii) Queue wait-time for the elevator be patiently maintained.
iv) Visitors must wear face mask, please note that Consulate follows ‘NO MASK NO ENTRY’ policy.
v) After entering the consular waiting room visitors must sanitize their hands and
vi) Once inside the consular waiting room, visitors must respect social distances i.e. sit in designated chairs, stand only on designated red-marked spots, and maintain 6 feet distance with each other.
Applicant’s safety is our priority and help us to ensure it for all.
Required Documents for Attestation
i) Bangladeshi photo ID (Passport or National ID).
ii) Canadian photo ID (Passport/PR card/Study Permit/Work Permit/G1 Driver’s License).
iii) 45mmX35mm recent photograph with white background (not older than 6 months).
iv) Original document.
v) Copies of the document to be attested.
vi) If the applicant wishes to add any information/comments/documents in support of his/her application, may upload online as an additional document.
vii) Online Payment/Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified cheque or to be paid in person by Debit/Credit Card.
[Please prepare digital copies (scanned or clear photograph) of the above documents for Online submission.]
- If the applicant wants to authorize anyone in Bangladesh to collect the Police Clearance Certificate on his/her behalf, may attest the Authorization Letter from the Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto. A signed Authorization Letter may be sent/submitted to the Consulate General for attestation. Please note that, the signature of the applicant must match with his/her signature on the Bangladesh Passport.
- For applicants who wants to attest their Signature & thumb impression verification, should do so in-person at the Consular Counter.
- Canadian documents i.e. Company Incorporation, Educational Certificate or any document will require prior attestation from the Global Affairs Canada.
- Bangladeshi documents i.e. Name Change, Affidavit, Company Incorporation, Educational Certificate or any document will require prior attestation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh.
Step 1: Online Application
Click here »» Create profile »» Choose service »» Upload photograph »» Complete online application »» Upload all required Documents »» Save & Submit.
A ‘Confirmation Page’ will be generated and a copy of that will be sent to the applicant via e-mail. Please print and sign the Confirmation Page.
Applicants must complete ‘Document Submission’ either in-person or by post to the Consulate General within the 60 days of online application. Failure to submit/send document(s) within 60 days will result in automatic expiration/deletion of online application from the system. There will be no refund of payment for such expiration/deletion of application.
Step 2: Document Submission
Applicant should send or submit i) signed Confirmation page ii) original document iii) documents to be attested and iv) Bank draft/Money order/Certified cheque or payment by Debit/Credit card to the Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto.
Please send a self-address ‘Xpresspost (Trackable)’ return envelope with the documents to Consular Section, Consulate General of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, 1505-2235 Sheppard Ave. East (Atria II), Toronto, ON M2J 5B5, Canada
(The Consulate General encourages postal service for Attestation. Any application received with regular mail return envelope will not be processed.)
Please book online appointment; for in-person submission, payment can be made by Debit/Credit card at the ‘Service Desks’ of the Consulate General.
Step 3: Paying Fees
Government fee for ‘Attestation’ is C$ 40.00 (Regular – by 3 working days) and C$ 60.00 (Express – by 1 full working day) for up to 5 pages; C$ 70.00 (Regular) or C$ 100.00 (Express) for up to 8 pages and additional C$ 5.00 for each page above 8 pages. Applicants may choose to Pay Online using Cards; a Transaction Receipt will be e-mailed to the Cardholder’s email address OR through Bank Draft/Postal Order addressed to the “Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto”.
In case of In-person submission applicants may pay through Debit/Credit cards at the ‘Service Desk’ of the Consulate General. For details please see Consular Fees.
The Consulate General of Bangladesh does not accept any cash payment.
Step 4: Processing
Consular Agent will examine the original documents and process the attestation.
Step 5: Disposal
‘Attested document(s)’ and the ‘Original Document(s)’ will be sent to the return address. If applicant wants to collect documents in-person, may approach the Consulate General on the ‘date of delivery’ as indicated on the payment receipt.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to request for any additional document at any stage of the Authentication process.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to withhold any application for further examination.
- If requires, the applicant may be requested for an interview with the Consulate General of Bangladesh.
- All payment made to the Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto is non-refundable.