Bangladeshi and Canadian citizens may attest documents from the Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto. Applicants should not apply for ‘Power of Attorney’ or ‘Revocation of the Power of Attorney’ in this section.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines:
The Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto renders in-person consular services amid COVID-19 pandemic. Except few specific services (which need personal appearance), applicants can apply online followed by both way postal deliveries (with trackable return envelope). However, applicants are requested to follow the health guidelines/orders/measures promulgated by the provincial and federal government.
Applicants are humbly requested to follow below guidelines during their in-person appointment at the Consulate General:
i) For in-person interview/consular consultations/submission/collection, please be present at the Consulate General according to your appointment slot as scheduled online.
ii) Visitors must wear face mask, please note that Consulate follows ‘NO MASK NO ENTRY’ policy.
iii) After entering to the consular waiting room visitors must sanitize their hands and
iv) Once inside, visitors must respect social distances i.e., sit in designated chairs, stand only on designated red-marked spots, and maintain 6 feet distance with each other.
[Your safety is our priority, help us to ensure it]
Required Documents for Attestation
i) Bangladeshi photo ID (Passport or National ID).
ii) Canadian photo ID (Passport/PR card/Study Permit/Work Permit/G1 Driver’s License).
iii) 45mmX35mm recent photograph with white background (not older than 6 months).
iv) Original document.
v) Copies of the document to be attested.
vi) If the applicant wishes to add any information/comments/documents in support of his/her application, may upload online as an additional document.
vii) Online Payment/Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified cheque or to be paid in person by Debit/Credit Card.
[Please prepare digital copies (scanned or clear photograph) of the above documents for Online submission.]
- If the applicant wants to authorize anyone in Bangladesh to collect the Police Clearance Certificate on his/her behalf, may attest the Authorization Letter from the Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto. A signed Authorization Letter may be sent/submitted to the Consulate General for attestation. Please note that, the signature of the applicant must match with his/her signature on the Bangladesh Passport.
- For applicants who wants to attest their Signature & thumb impression verification, should do so in-person at the Consular Counter.
- For Notarised documents, the Seal and Signature of the Notary Public of Canada needs prior Attestation from the Global Affairs Canada before submission to the Consulate.
- Canadian documents i.e. Company Incorporation, Educational Certificate or any document will require prior attestation from the Global Affairs Canada.
- Bangladeshi documents i.e. Name Change, Affidavit, Company Incorporation, Educational Certificate or any document will require prior attestation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh.
Step 1: BDCG Online Application
Click here »» Create profile »» Choose service »» Upload photograph »» Complete online application »» Upload all required Documents »» Save & Submit.
A confirmation page will be generated and a copy of that will be sent to applicant’s e-mail, please print and sign the confirmation page.
Applicant must submit documents either in-person or by post to the Consulate General within the 90 days of online application. Failure to submit/send document(s) within 90 days will result in automatic expiration/deletion of BDCG Online Application from the Digitised Consular Service System (DCSS). There will be no refund of fees for such expiration/deletion.
Step 2: Document Submission
Applicant should send or submit i) signed Confirmation page ii) original document iii) documents to be attested and iv) Online payment or Bank draft/Money order/Certified Cheque or payment by Debit/Credit card at the Consulate.
Special Note: Please note that for Police Clearance Certificate, applicant must send or submit original Bangladesh passport and signed authorization letter with the application package; nevertheless, original Bangladesh Passport will be returned to the applicant by post or in-person after the service is rendered.
By Post: Please send a self-address trackable return envelope with the documents to Consular Section, Bangladesh Consulate General, 2235 Sheppard Ave. East (Atria II), Suite # 1505, Toronto, ON M2J 5B5, Canada. Applications sent by post must reach to the Consulate General directly, no application will be collected from the post office or courier service. Applications received without trackable return envelope will not be processed.
In-Person: Applicant must be present at the Consulate General as per online appointment scheduled for in-person submission. Booked appointment can be rescheduled/managed by login to Your Application and selecting ‘Manage Appointment’.
Step 3: Paying Fees
Government fee for ‘Attestation’ is C$ 40.00 (Regular – by 3 working days) and C$ 60.00 (Express – by 1 full working day) for up to 5 pages; C$ 70.00 (Regular) or C$ 100.00 (Express) for up to 8 pages and additional C$ 5.00 for each page above 8 pages, for details please see Consular Fees. Applicant may pay online- a transaction receipt will be e-mailed to cardholder’s email OR Bank Draft/Postal Order addressed to the “Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto”. OR Applicant may pay through Debit/Credit cards at the service counter of the Consulate. As soon as the application is received- a consular payment receipt will be e-mailed to applicant’s email.
[Consulate General of Bangladesh does not accept any cash payment]
Step 4: Processing
Consular Agent will examine the original documents and process.
Step 5: Disposal
By post: Attested document(s) and the original document(s) Bangladesh will be sent to the return address.
In-person: To collect the attested document(s) applicant should come to the Consulate on the date of delivery mentioned in the payment receipt.
- Incomplete Application will not be processed.
- Bangladesh Consulate General reserves the right to request for any additional document at any stage of the application process.
- Bangladesh Consulate General reserves the right to withhold any application for further examination.
- Bangladesh Consulate General reserves the right to reject/cancel any application at any stage of the processing.
- If requires, Bangladesh Consulate General may request applicant for in-person interview.
- Consular fee paid to the Consulate General is non-refundable.