Bangladeshi and Canadian citizen may attest Bangladeshi or Canadian document from the Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto, Canada.
Required Documents for Attestation
i) Bangladeshi photo ID (Passport or National ID).
ii) Canadian photo ID (Passport/PR card/Study Permit/Work Permit/G1 Driver’s License).
iii) 45mmX35mm recent photograph with white background (not older than 6 months).
iv) Original document.
v) Copies of the document to be attested.
vi) Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified cheque or to be paid in person by Debit/Credit Card.
[Please prepare digital copies (scanned or clear photograph) of the above documents for Online submission.]
- If the applicant wants to authorize anyone in Bangladesh to collect the Police Clearance Certificate on his/her behalf, may attest the Authorization Letter from the Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto. A signed Authorization Letter may be sent/submited to the Consulate General for attestation. Please note that, the signature of the applicant must match with his/her signature on the Bangladesh Passport.
- For applicants who wants to attest their Signature & thumb impression verification, should do so in-person at the Consular Counter.
- Canadian documents i.e. Company Incorporation, Educational Certificate or any document will require prior attestation from the Global Affairs Canada.
- Bangladeshi documents i.e. Name Change, Affidavit, Company Incorporation, Educational Certificate or any document will require prior attestation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangladesh.
Step 1: Online Application
Click here »» Create profile »» Choose service »» Upload photograph »» Complete online application »» Upload all required Documents »» Save & Submit.
A ‘Confirmation Page’ will be generated and a copy of that will be sent to the applicant via e-mail. Please print and sign the Confirmation Page.
Step 2: Document Submission
Applicant should send or submit i) signed Confirmation page ii) original document iii) documents to be attested and iv) Bank draft/Money order/Certified cheque or payment by Debit/Credit card to the:
Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto.
Please send a self-address ‘Xpresspost’ return envelope with the documents to:
Consulate General of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
1505-2235 Sheppard Ave. East (Atria II)
Toronto, ON M2J 5B5, Canada
(The Consulate General encourages postal service for Attestation)
Please book online appointment; for in-person submission, payment can be made by Debit/Credit card at the ‘Service Desks’ of the Consulate General.
Step 3: Paying Fees
Government fee for ‘Attestation’ is C$ 40.00 (Regular – by 3 working days) and C$ 60.00 (Express – by 1 full working day) for up to 5 pages; C$ 70.00 (Regular) or C$ 100.00 (Express) for up to 8 pages and additional C$ 5.00 for each page above 8 pages. Bank draft/Money order/Certified cheque should be addressed to ‘Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto‘. Payment can also be made by Debit/Credit card at the ‘Service Desks’ of the Consulate General, please see Consular Fees.
The Consulate General of Bangladesh does not accept any cash payment.
Step 4: Processing
Consular Agent will examine the original documents and process the attestation.
Step 5: Disposal
‘Attested document(s)’ and the ‘Original Document(s)’ will be sent to the return address. If applicant wants to collect documents in-person, may approach the Consulate General on the ‘date of delivery’ as indicated on the payment receipt.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to request for any additional document at any stage of the Authentication process.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to withhold any application for further examination.
- If requires, the applicant may be requested for an interview with the Consulate General of Bangladesh.
- All payment made to the Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto is non-refundable.