COVID-19 Safety Guidelines:
The Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto renders in-person consular services amid COVID-19 pandemic. Except few specific services (which need personal appearance), applicants can apply online followed by both way postal deliveries (with trackable return envelope). However, applicants are requested to follow the health guidelines/orders/measures promulgated by the provincial and federal government.
Applicants are humbly requested to follow below guidelines during their in-person appointment at the Consulate General:
i) For in-person interview/consular consultations/submission/collection, please be present at the Consulate General according to your appointment slot as scheduled online.
ii) Visitors must wear face mask, please note that Consulate follows ‘NO MASK NO ENTRY’ policy.
iii) After entering to the consular waiting room visitors must sanitize their hands and
iv) Once inside, visitors must respect social distances i.e., sit in designated chairs, stand only on designated red-marked spots, and maintain 6 feet distance with each other.
[Your safety is our priority, help us to ensure it]
Required Documents for Alive Certificate
i) Bangladeshi photo ID (Passport or National ID).
ii) Canadian photo ID (Passport/PR card/Driver’s License).
iii) 45mmX35mm recent photograph with white background (not older than 6 months).
iv) If the applicant wishes to add any information/comments/documents in support of his/her application, may upload online as an additional document.
v) Online Payment/Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified cheque or to be paid in person by Debit/Credit Card.
[Please prepare digital copies (scanned or clear photograph) of the above documents for Online submission]
- Personal appearance at the Consulate General is mandatory for Alive Certificate.
- If the applicant is not fit to physically come to the Consulate, an authorised Doctor/Hospital may certify that the applicant is not physically fit to visit the Consulate. As an alternative to the personal appearance, Consulate General will arrange a virtual interview through an appropriate digital interface.
Step 1: BDCG Online Application
Click here »» Create profile »» Choose service »» Upload photograph »» Complete online application »» Upload all required Documents »» Save & Submit.
A confirmation page will be generated and a copy of that will be sent to applicant’s e-mail, please print and sign the confirmation page for submission.
Applicant must submit documents either in-person or by post to the Consulate General within the 90 days of online application. Failure to submit/send document(s) within 90 days will result in automatic expiration/deletion of BDCG Online Application from the Digitised Consular Service System (DCSS). There will be no refund of fees for such expiration/deletion.
Step 2: Document Submission
Applicant should submit i) signed confirmation page ii) all required documents (if applicable) and iii) documents to be attested and iv) Online payment or Bank draft/Postal order/Certified cheque or payment by Debit/Credit card at the service counter of the Consulate.
In-Person: Applicant must be present at the Consulate General as per online appointment scheduled for in person submission. Booked appointment can be rescheduled/managed by login to Your Application and selecting ‘Manage Appointment’.
Step 3: Paying Fees
Government fee for ‘Alive Certificate’ is C$ 40.00 (Regular – by 3 working days) and C$ 60.00 (Express – by 1 full working day), for details please see Consular Fees. Applicant may pay online- a transaction receipt will be e-mailed to cardholder’s email OR through Bank Draft/Postal Order addressed to the “Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto” OR pay through Debit/Credit card at the service counter of the Consulate.
[Consulate General of Bangladesh does not accept any cash payment]
Step 4: Processing
Upon physical appearance of the applicant or Medical Statement, the Consular Agent will process the application.
Step 5: Disposal
Applicant should collect Alive Certificate on the date of delivery mentioned in the payment receipt.
- Incomplete Application will not be processed.
- Bangladesh Consulate General reserves the right to request for any additional document at any stage of the application process.
- Bangladesh Consulate General reserves the right to withhold any application for further examination.
- Bangladesh Consulate General reserves the right to reject/cancel any application at any stage of the processing.
- If requires, Bangladesh Consulate General may request applicant for in-person interview.
- Consular fee paid to the Consulate General is non-refundable.