Physical presence of the applicant is mandatory for issuing Alive Certificate. To obtain an Alive Certificate applicant needs to provide a Notarized Affidavit to the effect that he/she is alive.
Required Documents for Alive Certificate
i) Bangladeshi photo ID (Passport or National ID).
ii) Canadian photo ID (Passport/PR card/Driver’s License).
iii) 45mmX35mm recent photograph with white background (not older than 6 months).
iv) Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified cheque or to be paid in person by Debit/Credit Card.
[Please prepare digital copies (scanned or clear photograph) of the above documents for Online submission.]
- Personal appearance at the Consulate General is mandatory for Alive Certificate.
- If the applicant is not fit to physically come to the Consulate General, an authorised person on his/her behalf may come with a ‘Medical Statement’ issued by an Authorised Physician and attested by an appropiate authority.
Step 1: Online Application
Click here »» Create profile »» Choose service »» Upload photograph »» Complete online application »» Upload all required Documents »» Save & Submit.
A ‘Confirmation Page’ will be generated and a copy of that will be sent to the applicant via e-mail. Please print and sign the Confirmation Page.
Step 2: Document Submission
Applicant should submit i) signed Confirmation page ii) all documents (if applicable) and iii) documents to be attested and iv) Bank draft/Money order/Certified cheque or payment by Debit/Credit card to the:
Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto.
Please book online appointment; for in-person submission, payment can be made by Debit/Credit card at the ‘Service Desks’ of the Consulate General.
Step 3: Paying Fees
Government fee for ‘Alive Certificate’ is C$ 40.00 (Regular – by 3 working days) and C$ 60.00 (Express – by 1 full working day). Bank draft/Money order/Certified cheque should be addressed to ‘Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto‘. Payment can also be made by Debit/Credit card at the ‘Service Desks’ of the Consulate General, please see Consular Fees.
The Consulate General of Bangladesh does not accept any cash payment.
Step 4: Processing
Upon physical appearance of the applicant or Medical Statement, the Consular Agent will process the application.
Step 5: Disposal
Applicant may collect the Alive Certificate on the ‘date of delivery’ as indicated on the payment receipt.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to request for any additional document at any stage of the Authentication process.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to withhold any application for further examination.
- If requires, the applicant may be requested for an interview with the Consulate General of Bangladesh.
- All payment made to the Consulate General of Bangladesh in Toronto is non-refundable.