Power of Attorney
Power of Attorney (POA) is a document that allows the applicant to appoint a person or organization from abroad to manage his/her affairs in Bangladesh. Power of Attorney is processed in accordance with the ‘The Power of Attorney Act-2015’. The POA executants and receivers are requested to read the ‘Power of Attorney Act-2015’ before initiating the process.
Requirements for the Power of Attorney (POA) Attestation:
- One set Unsigned or Notarized POA document completed as per Schedule-Ka, Form-3 of the Power of Attorney Act-2015
- The executant(s) may sign the unsigned POA in front of the Consular Agent at the Consulate General or submit notarized POA from a listed Notary Public in Canada.
- Valid Bangladesh passport or National ID of the executant(s) and POA receiver
- Canadian photo ID i.e. valid Canadian Passport or PR card or Driver’s license. of the executant(s)
- 2 passport size photographs (45mmX35mm) colour of the executant and POA receiver with white background; not older than 6 months.
- Copy of the ownership documents of the property or affairs to be given.
- Witness(es) that sign the POA must be present during signing of the document(s) by the Executant(s) in front of the Consular Agent at the Consulate Genaral; or; in the case of notarized POA, the witness(es) mentioned in the document must be resident(s) of Canada.
Download and print the ‘POA Application Form;’complete each part of the application and sign. Applicant’s signature in the POA Application Form’ should match with the Bangladesh Passport or National ID. Each executant (if applicable) should use separate POA Application Form.
General Instructions for filling up the Power of Attorney Application Form
- Attach 2 colour photographs (45mm x 35mm) with white background; not older than 6 months of the Executant and Receiver
- Personal details and Payment details (as applicable) must be filled in.
- Attach all required documents, otherwise, application will not be considered for Attestation.
- Use Tick mark (√) in the check Box.
- Pay POA Attestation fees via Debit/Credit Card at the Consulate or attach Bank Draft/Money Order with the Application Form.
- Paid POA Attestation fee is non-refundable.
- The authority’s decision regarding POA Attestation is final.
Pay an amount of C$40.00 for Regular Delivery or C$60 for Express Delivery up to 1-5 pages, C$70 (Regular) or C$100 (Express) up to 6-8 pages and additional C$5 for each page above 8 pages by a Bank Draft/Money Order/Certified Cheque addressed to the “Bangladesh Consulate General in Toronto”.
Please note that the applicant may pay the POA fee through debit/credit card at the Consulate General, please see Consular Fees. The Consulate General of Bangladesh does not accept any cash.
Applicants can opt to any of the following two options for POA attestation:
(a) In-Person Attestation: Applicant(s) can come to the Consulate and sign the POA in front of the Consular Agent. In that case, they need to book appointments with the Consulate General. Please click https://service.bdcgtoronto.ca to book your appointment. Applicants should bring all required documents as mentioned above during their presence at the Consulate General.
(b) Send Notarized POA by Post: In this case the signature(s) of the applicant(s) need to be attested by a listed Notary Public in Canada. Please note that each and every page of the POA must be signed by the applicant(s) as well as notarized by the Notary Public. The notarized POA, along with (i) Bank Draft/Money Order, (ii) All Required Documents and (iii) Self-addressed pre-paid express return envelope, must be sent by post to:
The Consular Agent will examine the documents. If found satisfactory, the POA will be attested by the Consulate General.
As soon as the POA is attested, it will be posted back to the return address given that the applicant has provided a return envelope. If applicant wants to pick-up the POA in-person, the Consulate General will intimate the pick-up schedule via e-mail, phone or other means.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to request for any additional document at any stage of the application process.
- The Consulate General of Bangladesh reserves the right to withhold any application for further scrutiny.
- If requires, the applicant may be requested for an interview with the Consulate General.
- Applicant needs bring photocopies of the documents.